Tuesday, March 2, 2010

ESCAPERS To Know: Tonnette L. Williams

In preparation of our trip to New Orleans, we'll be profiling students from Case Western Reserve and Fisk Universities. Why do they want to help re-build the city? What are they looking forward to experiencing?

Tonnette L. Williams is a 19-year-old double major in English and History at Case.

The E.S.C.A.P.E. Times: What first drew you to AB E.S.C.A.P.E.?

Tonnette Williams: I happened to be in Wade studying and Brittany Radford came in and started presenting on the trip last year. I became very interested! I knew I had to be a part of the trip this year.

TET: How have you prepared for your trip?


TW: I have not done too much to prepare. But next week before we go I plan on chilling out as much as I can so I can be relaxed and ready for the work ahead. And also getting some work done that I know I will not be able to finish on the trip.


TET: Have you ever visited New Orleans?


TW: This is my first time visiting New Orleans. I am very excited!


TET: Have you taken part in any of the fundraising efforts? If so, which ones?


TW: Yes. I helped out with the bake sell.


TET: Which project sites are you looking forward to visiting the most?

TW: All of them! But most specifically the schools. I have been tutoring for almost 4 years now in the Cleveland's school district. I am looking forward to visiting New Orleans and working with the students there. I feel the experience will be helpful to me as a tutor and (future) teacher.

TET: What else are you looking forward to doing while you're in New Orleans?


TW: EATING! I love gumbo and sea food dishes. I can not wait to see if the portions are going to be too big for me.


TET: How do you anticipate this trip shaping or changing your college experience?


TW: I anticipate that this trip will reinforce and create new realtionships between my peers and myself. I am looking forward to meeting the Fisk students because I plan on spending Spring of 2011 there. It will be nice to already have friendships established before I go.


TET: What local New Orleans food are you looking forward to trying?


TW: I am looking forward to trying a new sea food dish.


Support Tonnette and all of her peers by donating to one of AB E.S.C.A.P.E.'s fundraisers via PayPal.

1 comment:

  1. I love seafood too and can't wait for this weekend! I am sure you will enjoy this experience. :-)

    ReplyDelete